E-KYC has become very important in today’s time like if you want to open your bank account then you need ekyc for that, or if you want to get pan card then ekyc is required. So we can say that doing ekyc helps you in many things.
In this blog we are going to talk about ekyc, what is ekyc and how to get it done etc. so that you can get help to get ekyc done.
What is KYC
The full form of KYC is- Know Your Customer. It simply means- Know your customer.
It is a process in which a financial or other institution obtains information about the identity of its customer, his address or his age, date of birth, etc.
He also verifies these information through statutory certificates. This process of identifying the customer is called KYC.
What is eKYC
e-KYC Means : Electronic Know Your Customer
It can be understood in this way that the process of authenticating your customer’s identity in a digital or electronic way is called e-KYC.
In this, the process of customer identification is accomplished with the help of digital or electronic devices instead of paper certificates.
e-KYC Aadhar card based is a paperless process, What you must do before investing in mutual funds, Otherwise you will not be able to invest in mutual funds.
For investing in mutual funds e-KYC process of
Before investing in mutual funds, you have to complete the KYC process. You can do this either offline or online.
If you want to know about Mutual Funds then detailed information about it what is mutual fund, and how to invest in, is told through the article.
You can do e-KYC for investing in mutual funds from the website of CAMS Kra or iciciprudential. But while doing KYC with CAMS Kra, there is a restriction that you have to invest in any fund at the same time.
These restrictions are not comfortable for a new investor.
So today we will understand the process of e-KYC from ICICI Mutual Fund website; Because it does not require investment along with doing KYC.
Online e-KYC Required forms to be kept ready for
- mobile number
- E mail ID
- Mobile or laptop computer with camera for taking photos
- PAN card scanned image
- Scanned image of front and back of Aadhar card
E-KYC process steps
- In your mobile or computer browser, type- ICICIPRUAMC.COM/ONLINE-KYC
- When the online KYC page opens, first type your name.
- Enter E-mail ID, OTP comes on this E-mail ID.
- Enter your PAN number.
- Enter your 10 digit mobile number.
- Tick the check box, and then click or type the Get OTP mark.
- Click on Choose File to upload ID Proof like PAN Card. And upload the already scanned image.
- As soon as the PAN is uploaded, the photo and its details will appear, which you should check carefully. If the information is correct, go to Next.
- Upload the front and back images of the Aadhar card for proof of address as per the procedure given above.
- Check Aadhar card details if it needs some correction; So you can correct that too.
Process of e-KYC continue
- Tick the box for Term & Condition and go to the next step.
- All your information will be displayed on the next page; Check it out carefully.
- Select some other information like Address Type (Residential / Business) etc. and Annual Income etc., and proceed further.
- In the next step, select the details of Fatca etc. and go to the next step.
- Upload the scanned image of your signature on plain paper; And tick on Term & Condition.
- In the last step of e-KYC you have to upload your photo and video; For which click on face image. After clicking the photo a number will be displayed on the screen; Who has to speak in front of the camera. Thus this step is completed and a thank you message is received.
- After completing this process of e-KYC KYC Form Screen A page of . From where the link of Normal e-sign or Aadhar e-sign appears. In which you can complete this process through OTP by entering the details of Aadhaar.
How e-KYC is more simple and useful
- In online KYC, the entire process is completed in a very short time; Whereas the offline process sometimes takes 2 to 4 weeks.
- You do not need to collect paper certificates for e-KYC. This makes it easy for the customers as well as the service provider company. It works only with Aadhar card.
- Normally collecting a lot of records in KYC leads to unnecessary expenditure of money; Whereas in e-KYC this process is completed without any extra cost.
- We do not have to manually fill in the information because of the autofill feature; Which takes less time. Autofill also prevents type errors; Because all the information is taken automatically.